Insurance Premiums and Claims Database
Database tracks the premiums, fees and claims of the policy holders; and the commission of, and payments made to, agents and brokers.
Last updated on 2018-09-06 by David Wallis.
The construction underpinning the database is modular so that the process of adapting it to suit a wide range of insurance businesses is not going to be either time consuming or unduly costly. My intention is not to make a one-design-fits-all, mass-market product, such as would possess lots of “features” that would not be of use to any particular client. I want any installation to be tailored to suit the way in which its users work.
Value to Client
The database offers a lot of advantages, including these:
- Premiums, claims, payments and adjustments, and any transaction, are easy to locate using the flexible navigation screens, one of which is shown above
- You have all your policy, broker and insured details on record, in one place and available to anyone granted use of the database on their PC
- Recording of broker and agent commission and fees
- Monthly report for agents and brokers
- Management reporting of policies, fees and claims
- Strict control over agent and broker payments
- The database comes into its own as multi-user installation. One point of input makes quality control of data so much more straighforward and likely to achieve than trawling through scores of spreadsheets and documents filed all over the office.
Software Development Platform
The database uses Microsoft Access and VBA. It is intended for installatioin on a LAN (local area network) so that it can be used by a number of people at the same time.